It’s that time of the year again! Well, it’s been that time of year again for a while now. See, I’m normally way behind this time of the year, but THIS year – I’m actually keeping up. However, I still feel like I’m behind! Geeze, danged if you do, danged if you don’t…
I’ve decided I’m going to start a new tradition, because I like those types of things. I’m going to make sure I do one Christmas activity each day until Christmas Day. I always get to the day after Christmas and go, “Oh, I forgot to do X and now it’s too late.” Here is a list of things that I want to make time for before Christmas Day:
- Drive around and look at Christmas lights after dark (I’d be out past my bedtime!),
- hang Christmas lights outside (I already did this one!),
- make buckeyes,
- make rum balls,
- make fudge and give it to our friends with all the leftover rum balls and buckeyes,
- watch The Nativity Story movie again,
- watch The Star of Bethlehem movie,
- start an annual gingerbread house contest,
- have the houses judged,
- eat and demolish the houses,
- make popcorn balls,
- drink hot spiced apple cider and play a game of cribbage,
- have a last minute present-wrapping extravaganza while eating fudge,
- make soft holiday mints,
- bake fancy decorated sugar cookies,
- have a last minute shopping excursion with a nice lunch,
- and make an exotic dessert for Christmas Day (something that we’ll look forward to having in subsequent years – maybe this will take a few years to perfect).
Phew! That is a LONG list… Let’s be real – I would probably eat a bite of each of the things mentioned above and then give them to the Husband to take to work. Better their hips than mine! It’s the whole experience that does it for me. Besides, that’s what they make those little decorated treat bags for – so you can give all that sugar away before you eat it all!
Anyways, I’ve already gotten started, and I’m looking forward to the rest! Check out our Christmas lights.